Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stuck in the desert

President George W. Bush was delivering a speech at a meeting of conservative Christians when he saw a man he thought was Moses.

"Moses! Moses!," he called out.

But the man did not answer.

The president turned to a Secret Service agent and said, "I think that man is Moses."

The bewildered agent volunteered, "Would you like me to have the guys check it out?"

"Go for it," Bush replied.

So the agent radioed to one of his counterparts to accost the old man.

"Sir," the agent asked, "Are you Moses?"

"Yes, I am," the old man replied.

"The president wants to speak to you," the agent said.

"I know," said the old man.

"Then why are you ignoring him?," the agent asked.

Moses replied, "LOOK, THE LAST TIME I LISTENED TO A BUSH I SPENT 40 YEARS IN A HOSTILE DESERT!"

No comments: