Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nitwitness newshound owes apology to Doyle family

I've sat on this for a few days because, well, it was simply too angering.

Governor Jim Doyle came out over the weekend backing the Democratic presidential nomination bid of Illinois Senator Barack Obama.

Yeah, I know. A real yawner.

But one of the television news airheads had the audacity to point out on the air that the governor was flanked by his wife and "adopted son."

Say what????

I can think of at least a half dozen reasons to skewer Jim Doyle for his conduct as governor but a stupid insult hurled at his family is downright inexcusable.

As an adoptive parent I certainly don't go around calling my daughter "my adopted daughter." She's my daughter, period. And I'm proud of her.

What would it be like if, say, a mother introduced one child as "my birth son" and another as "my adopted son?" You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see what's wrong with that picture.

Jim Doyle's son is his son and no modifier is needed. The nitwit who insulted his family owes them an apology.

No comments: