Thursday, January 3, 2008

I knew this would happen -- and I'm glad.

I had a funny feeling this would happen -- and I'm glad.

Rookie Senator Barack Obama seized a major victory in the Iowa Democratic Party caucus tonight, clearly outpolling Hillary Rodman Clinton and John Edwards who are duking out a neck-and-neck battle for second place.

I'm not an Obama fan -- he's far too plastic and seriously too inexperienced for the job -- but I wasn't surprised.

Last month I was at a nurisng home northwest of Des Moines where the subject turned to a lively preview of caucus choices.

I heard several strong pro-Obama sentiments expressed during a lively discussion of the candidates and issues. In an all-white room not once was there any discussion of Obama's racial ancestry.

The fact that Obama pulled off a strong victory in a state that's 95% white should put the nails in the coffin of the "victim mentality" that continues to enslave blacks and other so-called "minorities" caught in its web.

A baseball manager trying to win a game only cares about one race -- the pennant race -- and when it comes to the batting order he's going to choose the best hitters to fill the top slots regardless of whether they're black, white, yellow, brown or something in between.

No, I don't think Obama is qualified -- yet -- to be president. But his showing in Iowa today shows that people are willing to judge a candidate by issues, not skin color.

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

You realize, of course, that without a "race card" to yammer about, the MSM could reduce its headcount of pundits by about 40%.