Friday, November 2, 2007

No wonder why Milwaukeeans lack confidence in the Milwaukee Police Department

Early this evening I made a frieght run near the airport and then drove to a south side hotel where my wife is attending a conference.

After surprising her with my visit, I went out to the parking lot and saw an unattended vehicle with the doors standing open. I reported this to the Milwaukee Police Department. I waited for someone to show up...and waited...and waited...before giving up after a half-hour of no response.

I have no idea how long they expect a citizen to wait for a response but I can see why people become disillusioned with law enforcement. True, it's not a life or death emergency, but still the lack of response -- at least to this ex-cop -- doesn't speak well.

No comments: