Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mother-In-Law!

I don't wax personal too much here but there's a very good reason for an exception.

Over the weekend we celebrated my mother-in-law's 80th birthday (imagine the big four-oh times two!).

Now mothers-in-law are often the brunt of bad jokes or ill will. Not here.

In almost 20 years I can think of only two times that I ever had to "mention" anything to my mother-in-law: one time about letting my kid jump off the stairs and another about taking her into restaurants where smoking is allowed. All in all, I'd say that's a darn good record!

My mother-in-law is the kind of person who'll not only give you the shirt off her back, she'll make you another one -- by hand -- and she accepts absolutely no credit for any of the many things that she's done for others.

I can safely say I lucked out. Big time.

No comments: