Sunday, July 29, 2007

Out of the mouths of blondes

My daughter was lamenting about her best friend going away to some small college at some place in the middle of nowhere.

I don't blame her for feeling bummed. Leaving high school is a tough time, especially when those who were close to you are moving far away.

Anyway, to try to make my kid feel better, I pointed out that deciding to go to college in Podunkville was her friend's choice. Then I said, "I mean, here in Wisconsin we have one of the finest university systems in the world."

My daughter then asks, "Which one?"

Of course, my kid (who is darn good most of the time) listens to me about as much as any teenager listens to a parent. If she did, she'd take my somewhat serious advice that she should become a comedienne and headline her own one-woman show called, "I'm blonde. What's your excuse?"

Author's note: My kid dared me to write this. Of course, at my age, tomorrow could be my last day, so it's easier to be daring. Besides, it's not an embarrassing baby picture taken in a tub. :)

I'm happy to be blessed with a kid who has a good sense of humor.

1 comment:

Babs RN said...

Heh. Heh. Very cute. ;)

You ever catch the BlondeStar emergency call?